[RC] thanks, any Tammen arabs doing endurance? - April Allison

Thank you for all the lovely emails, prayers, thougths, poems......
I have actually met some of yall. I always get a giggle when I meet someone and tell them I know their name from RC. They inveriably blush (men too) and tell me they hope I don't judge RC people by "the place they sometimes blow off steam or enjoy a good argument."  But yall are really really nice and care about each other and mostly about your horses and horses in general. I am proud to know you all.

I looked at a "halter bred?"  egyptian arabian today. Are any of those bloodlines good in endurance? This horse is supposed to be the last foal on the ground by Tammen, but he doesn't have any papers so I don't think I believe it,  has been threw a couple of owners and is the bottom of the pecking order, gets beat up all the time, and is VERY under weight, hard keeper supposedly but they are feeding him 10% all stock sweet feed with less than 3% fat, and the othe horses were beating him up so bad he is litterally covered with scabbed over hoofprints and bitemarks, she did move him to a pasture with just one othe horse who he seems to get along ok with, and the bites are healing up fine, but he needs lots of work to rehab physically(wormer, bathing, ect.), emotionally he is a doll,  smart smart smart, calm,friendly, loving, startles in place, (only 3) been ponied a couple of times and sat on once or twice, is at least 16hh.  no papers, not that that matters much for what I want him for, she is getting a cogins on him, I wouldn't take him home without it, trading training a colt for her for the arabian, he looked worse when she got him, she put a little weight on him, the rest of her horses are in great shape, she cant keep weight on him, feeding him like he is a quarter horse, his name is Rammeh, he will be a georgeous bay with a few groceries, nice conformation, just to skinny, not athletic skinny, bony skinny, once he is filled out and has some training, he will be looking for a home with a special olympian, unless my daughter steals him from me for endurance
Thank you all again for all the wonderfully kind words about my friend. After a good cry, I went for a midnight ride, then found a new horse to fuss over.
April
byhalia