Re: [RC] Gettr Shod - Barbara McCrary

Well, that is certainly true in the cattle business.  We take what we can get every year for our calves, not what it costs to raise them.  If the price we got for our calves had kept up with the costs of raising them over the past 55 years I've been involved in this business, no one would want to pay for a steak.  If you don't like the price of meat, don't blame the cattleman.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Gettr Shod

"...If the manufacturers needs more money to cover costs and make profit (which are the basics of any business), they just charge more..."

Not exactly.  Sometimes they get bailed out of financial trouble by the Government, and sometimes they fire 100,000 workers to try not to go bankrupt.

In a capitolist society, what people are willing to pay for a good or service determines the price, not what is "fair" to the producer.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875