[RC] Tell you about the Shagya - Donna Coss

There is a link from the endurance ride segment http://www.shagya-arabian-horses-asav.org

This is one of the Shagya registries in the U.S. I am one of the largest breeders in the States. Go to

http://www.shagyasport.com and many of my sale horses are pictured at http://shagyasport.blogspot.com/

ASAV has recently made a new registry for the Anglo-Shagya bred horse. This is the cross with the Thoroughbred
basically the same as the Anglo Arab except with at least 25% Shagya blood. RAMZES was a half Shagya and half
Thoroughbred and he is known as the Century stallion. His influence is still being seen today.

In fact in the 2002 WEG the top 25 Grand Prix jumpers, 24% descended from RAMZES. The next stallion line, LADY KILLER
was only a 4% influence. RAMZES also founded what is know as the "R" line in Dressage horses. He has to be one of the
most influential stallions ever used in the sport horse world!

All of you know about the Anglo Arabs, but believe me when I say the Shagya cross is *magic*! Those of us who have done this breeding
are amazed by what we have produced. I have three that are showing in class "A" Hunter classes, and that's not easy! They normally
have the look of the Thoroughbred, but the improved, bone, shorter back, better legs and feet, all the traits you look for in
your competitive sport horse. Only one or two have ever been used for endurance, but it may be the perfect discipline?? Only time
will tell.

I don't think that the general public is aware that the Shagya is very rare and really should be on the endangered list! It is an exciting
time to be breeding the Shagya, as it seems finally they are beginning to receive the recognition they deserve.

Fayette and Georgat are not flukes--they resulted from careful breeding of the right bloodlines!