[RC] Shagya Omni - Roger Rittenhouse

Thought I would come to the support of Donna and the ASAV.

I have been riding Omni a Shagya-Arab, Wineglass Omni out of *OMAN x Magic Shadow ASAV-SH128 AERC H27421, for the past 8 years.

Yes, The Shagya group has been giving AERC awards for the past 3 years.
Omni has won High Miles in the breed for 2 years.
One year we were listed in the AERC Yearbook, the next no mention at all.. so much for AERC recognizing the breed awards ?

Last year he did no rides. He is now retired.
He may get back to a few LDs later this year.

Not sure the 'LD Championship' is the way to go though. I would prefer to see it at the 50 mile level. However there are not enough in serious competition to warrant that at this time.
Potato and Cathy Richardson has/have a few great ones, Tevis First, and many other top 10 placing. They have sold a few of the really great ones, still have some coming on.

A rider in TX and one in IL/IN-- has won high points and high miles in endurance.. and I do apologize for not remembering their names..need to take more Ginko :)

I believe there are only about 5 to 10 Shagya horses actually competing in AERC LD/Endurance at this time.

There are a few problems with the breeding, that is the breeders are focusing the use towards dressage and sporthorse discipline ($$$) and not endurance. The cost is somewhat high for most or the average endurance riders, as many think the $500 super star is still to be found. :) No more cheap horses out there. - At least not good ones.

I have found a number of potential endurance candidates, but did not consider them due mostly to price ( I really want to find a HW ride UNDER 8K) and 'my' way of going analysis (picky :).

I really liked the get produced by *OMAN, but he is gone so there will be no more. When I start my new horse search again later this year, I will look first to the Shagya breed for another candidate.

Just wanted to set the record straight, the ASAV DOES give AERC performance and mileage awards to recognize the breed.
--
Roger Rittenhouse AERC 8263

--- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0613-2, 03/31/2006 Tested on: 4/2/2006 2:09:29 PM avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com