[RC] [RC] Shagya Bred horses To Compete in National Ride - Donna Coss - KimFue

I really like to see breed programs promoted in distance riding.  I like that this type of ride showcases a particular breed of horse that is capable of doing distance competition in a sport mostly  dominated by Arab and part Arabs.

I understand all the difficulties involved when starting a new awards program and perhaps starting with  25 mile ride the first year is best for your group to get the most participation.  My only suggestion is to call the winner of the ride "distance riding champion" not endurance champion.  If you are riding under AERC rules, any ride under 50 miles is not classified as endurance.

Good Luck with your program and I will look forward to seeing your ride move West next year.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648

will win the North American
Shagya Arabian Endurance championship, for the "eastern side of the
Mississippi River"!  The 2006 ride will be 25 miles under AERC rules.