From: "Tracey Lomax" <bandipops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Sky Ranch'" <skyranch@xxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:57 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Shoot the Clones

Carla wrote:

I am very happy that the Jockey Club (TB registry) and the AQHA both
prohibit registering clones.

The Jockey Club will also not register horses that are conceived by AI.
Only live covers are allowed under Jockey club rules.

Cloned animals have serious health flaws (not just the obvious ethical
flaws!), and I doubt that the cloned horses will perform as well as
their
"source."  And of course, don't forget environment and training...

Considering that a cloned animal is genetically identical to its
ancestor, it will have exactly the same "flaws" as that ancestor.

That being the case, it makes it a whole heap more reliable as a
predictor of genetic traits than breeding!!

Tracey