[RC] [Fwd: Florida Retirement Property.] - Diane Trefethen

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Florida Retirement Property. Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:06:36 -0500 From: Elaine Parker <elainep@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: Diane Trefethen <tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Sallie,

I live in Williston FL.  My place is 1 mile from Goethe State Florida.
I would suggest that you contact Janny Realty (not sure of spelling) in
Bronson, FL .

located about 35 miles NW of Ocala.  25,000.00 acres of State Forest
with a strong endurance riding presence.  Goethe Challenge has been held
there for years, FITS for the past two.

Levy County limits horses to no more than two per acre.  land near the
forest is mostly sand and I guarantee you'll be feeding year round (if
you're on a smaller acreage, could get away with it with just a couple
of horses on 10 acres).  Hay is expensive, but I haven't had real
problems with supply.  Gets a little crummy sometimes at this time of
year, but got really nice bales just last weekend.

Weather  - nice in winter, hot as hades in summer.  Bugs and mosquitos
abound in Goethe in the Summer, but if you stay on the high side it's
okay.  Just horseflies there.

Also a very strong driving presence, so if you're at all interested in
driving that would be easy to develop.  I'm planing to do some with a
POA I have myself.

One of my best friends is from Erie, PA.  In fact I'm planning to go up
for equine affaire next week in Columbus and meet her for the trip.

Any questions I can answer for you feel free to email."

Diane,

Although I signed up to Ridecamp years ago and read it often for some
reason I have trouble posting to it.  Feel free to forward any
information about this subject that I send to you to ridecamp if you
like. I'm including some information I just sent Sallie.

Price's have gone up at an astronomical (to me <G>) rate.  One acre lots
are listing for from 35,000 to 45,000.  I believe that selling prices
are more in the line of 25,000.   And it isn't "pretty" property.,
However, it's pleasant and quiet and in spite of how it looks the
neighbors have all been considerate of riders and horses.

Levy county no longer allows subdivisions of less than 10 acre tracts so
unless you want that much acreage you'll have to look for current
subdivisions.  There are a lot of them on the books from years ago.  Ask
about Williston Highlands.

There are some really NICE 10 acre developments going on out around my
area, with prices that reflect it.

Elaine
AERC - M19651