[RC] Lost Posse II - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Chris Littlefield clittlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 It is so nice to have a ride in your back yard. The Lost Posse ride this
weekend was only 50 miles away and was utilizing one of the areas prettiest and
toughest trails, Ft. Braden. We cautioned out of towners when entering Ft
Braden to watch for the ?knee knockers? and roots. We saw many a rider walking
with a limp this weekend!
Most of the local endurance riders volunteered either on Saturday or Sunday to
assist with vetting in and PR trying to help newbies enjoy and complete their
first ride attempts with success. From what I heard, several have caught the
bug and are looking forward to their next ride. Congratulations to all who
competed and finished.
The weather was absolutely perfect with highs in the 60?s, low 70?s and evening
temps in the 30?s. There was plenty of natural water on the trail and clumps of
grass if you wanted to stop and refuel.
The folks who owned the pasture we parked in went out of their way to make sure
we were safe and comfortable. Trail conditions were ideal for fast ride times
and the experienced vets made sure we did it all without forsaking our horse
partner. Of course a ride in the SE just doesn?t get done right without Nancy
and Jackie, thanks ladies!
The food was tasty, the prizes were fabulous and the company and camp fire
stories are always great!
Congratulations to Susan and Jill for a well managed ride. I do hope they go
for it again next year.

Chris Littlefield and Lefty