[RC] Needles - WRSINOSKY

I always use little needles when injecting anything but the thicker meds.  Just before I give them the shot, I hand them a piece of carrot. While they are munching, I scratch the area (which they enjoy), then stick the needle in.  Haven't had a problem with even horses who don't like injections.

I tried the thumping on one of my horses and it just seemed to prepare him for the needle and he always jumped. Perhaps I did it wrong, who knows?  but scratching the area really works for me.

Cindy