[RC] Evaluating Elyte Needs - RDCARRIE

A recent poster (Patti) brought up a question that I think really deserves discussion:

"How does oneknow?? If he crashes he needs more?? If he crashes
he needs less??"

We've talked about some signs that can indicate that a horse may need elyte supplementation.  But - what about the other end...what are the signs people use to say, "hey, this horse may do better if I give fewer/less frequent/or no elytes?"

What would be MOST helpful, rather than broad sweeping generalizations, would be if those folks who have posted regarding one or more of their individual horses, stating that they found out that horse X does better with fewer or no elytes, could share specific examples.  I remember one person who posted regarding several of their specific horses was Maria.  Maria - you mentioned a couple of yours that you found  did better with no or fewer elytes.  You post indicated that they were previously given elytes.  What specifically did you see when they were given larger amounts of elytes that made you think that too many elytes through supplementation might be impacting their performance, and what improvements did you see upon reducing or stopping supplementation during rides?

I know there were a coule of other folks who reported similar experiences...not trying to put Maria on the spot...I just remember her posting about this because I know her.  Can anyone else chime in with their specific experiences?  What did you see in your horse(s) when they were given elytes at rides that made you think that they might do better with fewer or none?

Dawn in East Texas