Re: [RC] clicking in pasterns - Vallonelee

Oh my yes.  I had a stallion given to me. He was 9 yr. old. He sounded like a popcorn machine. Granted he had been confined to a stall for years but I was concerned.  I went the same route, two or three vet evaluations and they all said "no problem". It may go away, it may not.  It didn't. He is age 25 and still snapping, popping, clicking down the road - never a lame step.

CoincidentallyI subsequently bred the stallion to a QH mare.  I still have that horse.  She started snapping and popping at about age 9.  Her 1/2 brother (full arab) does it very slightly and he is 11 now.  It doesn't seem to bother them at all.

I took in an Arab rescue who is now age 4 and he is the same way, snap, crackle and pop :)

Never had any of my other horses do it.

Lee