Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 8:50 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Needle gauge

Hi.

An 18 is much larger than a 20, but necessary for some things such as Penicillin.  That being said, if you are giving PNC, take it out of the refrigerator, draw it up in the syringe, and warm it in your hands for a few minutes.  It will hurt the horse less and be easier to inject.  (I assume your are giving a med to a horse?)

If you have a choice of giving the med with a 20 or 18, definitely go with the 20.  Trust me on this one.

Sylvia

Just Chaps US

1-866-578-24427, Toll Free

Have a question? Yahoo! Canada Answers. Go to Yahoo! Canada Answers