RE: [RC] Hay Cubes - Elana Riedel

I have been feeding my mare hay cubes exclusively for the past 2 years. I feed twice a day. With the cubes, you can also scatter them if you want to encourage your horse to get some extra exercise. They are a lot lighter and a lot less messy than hay flakes. We're in CA, and we can get the alfalfa ones in bulk dumped in our trailer which is a lot cheaper than those places were you have to buy them in bags. I find that you can feed approx. 20% less in hay cubes than in loose hay since there is no waste. They are also wonderful to take camping or to rides. I premeasure them at home and dump them into individual plastic bags (from the grocery store). I also add in any supplements that I feed. Then when I am at the ride, I simply open one plastic bag and dump it into her bowl. I think it gives her much more chew satisfaction than the pellets, and she definitely likes the taste better than the pellets. I can also carry a few in the saddlebags for munching on the trails.
Elana