[RC] French/Belgiums- Using/Not Using Electrolytes - Tom Sites

Leonard said the Belgiums are not using electrolytes either, and i never knew him to talk trash, so I believe him.  Leonard, can you tell us why? The French that people are so suspect of is another story that i'd like to know all these folks rationale too. I do not doubt them either.  It is an interesting discussion since hydration is a major factor of Endurance. And with the rise of others in Endurance its time us Americans sit back and say hey...Maybe we can learn something from them, or at least have an open mind, as our superiority seems to have diminished somewhat over the past few years.  Some may even argue that assumption.

I just know that my only problems metabolically, was when i was USING electrolyes copiously.  After my major crash, some told me i had used too much and created an electrolyte imbalance. I did not know then , nor do i know now, but i'm sure open for more information on the topic, and i hope its a subject that does not go away...Thank you Kim, for asking some really good questions in your naturally non-offensive way.  ts