[RC] Using yogurt - Michael Maul - rides2far

The syringes I mix the night before go into a big freezer bag (the
plungers don't fit) and are stuck down in my ice chest. If I'm going to
use yogurt at the vet check, I probably have my ice chest there. The ones
that I take out on the trail I mix with applesauce.

I buy yogurt for *myself* to eat. Which means I buy the "Light". I don't
know if any of those artificial sweetners or low fat have any different
effect. Like I said, chose it mostly for the consistancy. WARNING...be
careful about getting hungry and taking a bite of yogurt from the one
you've been scooping out of with a salty spoon. I doubt flavor makes
*any* difference. It all tastes like salt. Be careful about the kinds
with chunks of fruit that will stop up the syringe though.

I mix one syringe with some probiotics in it and mark it with duct tape.
I don't use that one unless the gut sounds are low. Some have said
there's no way it could help that quickly. Seems like it does but then,
maybe if we notice their gut sounds are low, we do other things like slow
down that help too.

Angie