[RC] [RC] Using yogurt - Michael Maul - KimFue

Question for those that use yogurt as a carrier.  Do you guys find or are concerned that the yogurt sours or goes bad (because it is a dairy product) when you carry it in a tube/syringe on the saddle for more then a couple hours especially in hot weather.  I am just curious because when I make up electrolytes a tube (toothpaste like tube that is used for camping) one will ususally last me for an entire 50.  So this means that the e lytes can be on the saddle from 5-8 hours depending on the ride.   If I am doing a 100 I send or keep a second tube at the half way point.  I have never worried about keeping the tube cold or in an ice chest but wonder if that would be necessary if using yogurt.

Kim Fuess