Re: [RC] Knee injury - Sisu West Ranch

"....Go to the ortho if you can.  It'll save you a lot in the long run..."

Go to a sports medicine orthopedist even if you have to pay for the initial visit yourself!   Many non-sports medicine Dr's take a wait and see attitude with injuries to "old people who probably don't do much anyway".  Note in this context "old" can be anyone who can legally purchase alcohol.

We all participate in a dangerous, extreme sport and wish to continue doing it until we reach extreme age.  We are not normal patients.  We need sports medicine doctors to help us with our sports injuries.

The doctor who recommended wait and see, undoubtedly would not have said that if you had been a member of his favorite  (fill in a popular team sport) team.  We deserve the same consideration, but unfortunately sometimes must insist or even pay for it.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875