[RC] Probiotics in electrolytes Question - KimFue

I know many riders add pro biotics to their electrolyte concoctions.  What I am curious about is do pro biotics remain effective in a very salty base like electrolytes.  One of the reasons I give pro biotics is because stress can cause the micro flora in the gut to die off and disrupt digestion.  It seems to me that these microflora are pretty sensitive to environmental changes.  I know they are sensitive to changes in temperature, pH, antibiotics, etc.

 So if I mix pro biotics in my electrolytes should I expect them to be viable by the time they get to where they would have a positive effect for my horses digestion?  If I am going to give pro biotics would it be more effective to give them separately from electrolytes or mix them with feed at vet checks?

Kim Fuess