[RC] MN Murdered Mini Horse Update - k s swigart

Raven said:

The suspects lured Mr. Peabody, a Miniature Horse
from his open barn door,  brutally killed Mr. Peabody,...
Donate to:
A reward will hopefully get someone to talk.

Here's more information:
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S14976.html?cat=1
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S15021.html?cat=1

I went to these stories, and personally, I would be suspicious of making
a requested donation (one that is being requested, mind you, by a person
who declined to provide her last name) and check into it closely before
sending any money (like WHO can take money out of the account and under
what circumstances).

And I must confess that I find it odd that an owner who claims to have
loved the horse like it was her child doesn't know when over a three day
period that the horse was killed (the death was reported on the 21st but
the owner only knows that it had to have been sometime after the
18th?!?!???).  I also find it odd that the first shows a picture of a
buckskin and the second of a chestnut.

Since the horse was taken out of an open barn, killed, dragged,
mutilated, dismembered and had its legs carried away, a perfectly
reasonable explanation is that the horse got attacked and eaten by some
wild animal, and the owner was so distraught that she didn't notice the
horse missing for 3 days.

Maybe this is just bad reporting on the part of the local ABC affiliate,
but I would certainly check it out much more closely before I sent money
to a bank account set up by somebody named Kim.

kat
Orange County, Calif.