Re: [RC] Study on electrolyte/ulcers - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 3/23/2006 6:50:24 PM Central Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And Dawn, that is all I've tried to tell you.  You are one of the ones
who kept insisting that it is "different" down in Texas, where y'all
have heat and humidity.  But Maria's post points up the fact that EVEN
THERE, there are horses who do better without them.

Oh geez, Heidi...try reading an entire post for a change...with an open mind.  Yes, the climate *is* different down here.  But I NEVER said that one needs to have a blanket recipe for giving elytes.  I recommended seeing what works best for one's horse, same as you have, and I mentioned that one of mine doesn't need many elytes, while another does best with more.  Sorry, Heidi, but the concept of "knowing your horse and what works best for them" isn't unique to you.  Yes, there are horses that do fine, and in some cases better, without elytes here...as there are in every part of the country.  And there are horses who do better *with* elytes here, as there are in every part of the country.

<<so that they will THINK about what e-lytes do to their horses, and why they
should--or should not--use them, given their circumstances and their
individual horse.>>

And how does this differ from what I've said in some of my posts?  Such as my comments below:

There's no right answer without riding your horse and seeing how he does.?

Ride your horse, watch him, evaluate him, and then decide whether you need to supplement him with elytes.?

I don't really have the time or interest to try and argue with someone who is trying to pretend that they're telling me what I'm already saying.  Gotta go to bed.

Dawn