Re: [RC] Electrolytes - acidic versus alkaline - Lysane Cree

Thanks Angie. There are now so many different options available - Pro-Formula Liquilite, Horse Guard Re-charge, Pro-Lite Electro Blend, Apple a Day (Finish Line), Apple Elite (Farnam), Stress-Dex, Pharm-vet Quench Lyte, Peak Performance Perfect Balance....yikes! enough to make my head spin.

Best to stick with my Perform n Win and stock up in advance :)

Any idea what differs in the ingredients (to make one for race horses versus one for endurance horses)?

Lysane

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Someone mentioned the differences between electrolytes and that some
> are for horses that are acidic...and I have heard of this
> before...but I don't know how to identify the different types of
> electrolytes. So far I have used Perform n Win

That was me. I went to an equine symposium at the University of TN a long
time ago (maybe 10 years?) They had a chart listing the different equine
sports and our horses are practically the *only* ones that go alkaline.
Race horses, Polo ponies, foals with scours, all those required e-lytes
that were for acidic. If you buy something other than Endura-Max,
Enduro-Lites or Perform'n Win, etc. that were specifically made for
endurance horses, you're liable to get the wrong ones. You're pretty safe
if you buy from endurance vendors. They know which ones to carry. I still
just make my own but have got to get a different source of calcium.

Angie

Enrich your life at Yahoo! Canada Finance