Re: [RC] Study on electrolyte/ulcers - Beth Leggieri

For a newbie, electrolyting can be confusing.  In the central region you are told by vets at the pre-ride meeting, "electrolyte, electrolyte, electrolyte."  When a vet tells a newbie something, you listen--you are already pretty much freaked out by the possibility of getting your horse into trouble with the myriad ways one can mismanage his health before, during, and after the ride.

The best piece of information I've seen come out of this discussion is "observe your own horse first" -- but I have to tell you, that requires some major bravery down here in hot, humid Texas.  Not to e-lyte is going against the central region religion.

Beth