Subject: [RC] what do you take to a ride? - Pvan19

looks like a pretty good list!

I would add

DRY SOCKS - bliss to put on after a ride, with a change of shoes...

extra pair of tights ( I once busted mine on some thorns and had to ride into a vetgate with bare bottom & one bare leg hihi)

an extra pair of stirrup leathers or fenders ( you won't believe how many people break these on rides!)

extra helmet ( ours has been worn by loads of different people who forgot theirs)

horse papers, vaccination records etc. Your insurance papers etc.

A plastic map case with paper & pens, couple of highlighters to mark maps etc.

a box of those wet baby wipes - great for cleaning yourself up & they work on tack too

our 1st aid box has all the basics for human/horse ( thermometer, extra stethoscope, large horse sized bandages, disinfectant, plasters, scissors, vetwrap, glucose tablets etc) and we also take homeopathic remedies for bruising ( arnica, rhus tox etc), Back flower Rescue Remedy for stress/fear etc., bodyglide, flystuff, a bit pot of vaseline, small torch, a couple of those aluminium emergency blankets, diarhea and anti acid tablets, advil, lipbalm+any extra specific meds like an astma inhaler, ziplock bags, ... umm ( mentally trying to picture contents of box ...) oh yeah, did I mention Advil? Extra batteries for the torch & gps. Sunscreen.

In the crewing car we also keep a fire extinguisher ( and one in the horse box), a couple of those emergency punctured tyre gas cylinders, a couple of strong ropes for pulling other crewing cars out of ditches & stuff ( happens all the time here in France!), reflective vests to avoid being run over in the dark, some blankets and a huge picknick basket brimming with drinks & food yeah!

Needless to say, we find we are VERY popular with other riders & crew haha!

enjoy your ride,

Pauline