[RC] Sandhills Stampede - Equus Wolf

Hi everyone,
Did anyone make it to the Sandhills Stampede?  I was supposed to ride the LD but was unable to ride due to circumstances out of my control (basically didn't have my trailer ride)
My mother and I took a trip to just spend time together and so I could at least see what goes on since I wasn't able to get my horse there.  It was great to see the horses leave out at 6am (the 100) and 7am (the LD and 55).  I helped two very nice women when they came in from their loops by holding one of their horses and scratching her itchy lil head.  They were very nice and I was extremely impressed with how thankful and appreciate they were for someone just to hold their horse's lead rope!  I watched the vet in and everything seemed to happen the way I thought it would (people explain things very well!)
All-in-all it was a great experience.  I just wish I could have had Shelby there as planned.  I know she would have handled it all very well.
One rider came in from the first loop (not sure which mileage) much quicker than anyone anticipated.  I think they said the loop was 23miles? and this person came into vet check at an hour and 20odd minutes.  Isn't this quite pushing the envelope?
I saw a lot of really nice looking horses and I also saw some rather skinny horses, which bothered me.  Even my mother commented on 2 in particular.

So anyone here actually ride?  How did it go for you?

I guess I will be searching for a trailer as soon as I can afford it.  I don't want to be stuck at home again  :(

Jennifer in SC

Yahoo! Mail