[RC] Country Life & Ducks On Parade - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Rob Losey jrlosey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here in Northern Michigan we still got snow. I did a hay inventory. It's
getting low. Just bought another 100 bales. In the summer we use an elevator to
fill the barn. This time of the year I carry them one at a time up the stairs.
We stripped the goat stalls put in new bedding, won't be long till kidding time
and I want things clean and neat. Set up the kid box with a heat lamp in the
tack room. Tired but feel good about what I got done. It is allot of work, but
when I think about it there is nothing I'd rather do than spend time with and
take care of my animals. If I sat down and made a list of all the things I got
and all the things I don't got, I'm sure the don't got list would be bigger.
Sometimes I need to think about it. When I do I realize I got all I want and
need, and I'm thankful for country life.

Oh yes, Ducks on Parade. We don't own any ducks. As the snow melts it always
breaks the bottom strand of fence wire in several places. I fixed that today
too. As I walked around the pasture. My appy mare, two mule and two goats fell
in line according to rank and follow me from break to break. The mare stayed
two foot from my right elbow like she was on a lead. They stopped in line,
waited in line, and marched in line when ever I moved. As I walked back to the
barn my wife met me laughing. She had been watching from the window and said it
we looked like a mother duck with all her babies, and "Ducks on Parade". We sat
and talked and agreed that life is good if you just appreciate what you got. To
me she's the best part. As I type this I realize I didn't come straight out and
tell her that when we were talking. I think she knows, but I'm going to go tell
her now anyway.