Re: [RC] more general training questions - Lucky6mule

Heidi, that is great that those horses don't buck for you!  I wish that were true here in MI. I start youngins for a living here. Like Ed, I do enough ground work that most don't buck---but some do. Some right off, some later. I have 1 TB mare & every baby she's had bucked at some point-some still do. Daddy's didn't matter much-some paints (2), 1 app & 1 jack (3 times).  I usually go for the stop them method that Cowboy Ed mentioned & then proceed. If I'm on 'em, I go for the 'dig for leather' method & stick as long as I can. (hehe) Seriously though, how do you keep them from ever bucking?

Marirose & Mules: Nellie, Noodle & Monty in MI