RE: [RC] [RC] Putting on Easy Boots!!! - Nancy Mitts

I have seen other people have trouble with the pull strap.
VERY IMPORTANT: they come wrapped aroung the backstrap SO THEY WON'T COME OFF. This is important because if the boot is taken out of the box those straps got lost. You must take the pull strap off the backstrap and then put it around the back strap so that it will come out by pulling on one end. DO NOT try to ride with the pull strap stuffed in there under the gaiter, it is a rub waiting to happen.
If your boots are so snug you continue to have that much trouble getting them on you can gain a little room by removing the cleat covers and flattening the metal teeth.
With practice, you can tell by the "feel" of the pull strap whether the backstrap is caught under the hoof or not.
It should get easier!

Nancy Mitts

Please Reply to: TrailRider nicola_dsw@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please tell me it will get easaier!!!!!
I am curious about the nylon pull straps that they come with . Do people use these in general. I must say Not only did I find them useless (I only used it with the first boot and took them off the other 3) but also I have no idea how they expect you to remove the pull strap after getting the boot on. Maybe this is easier accomplished if you don't have the gator. I never did get the pull strap off of the one boot I did use it on - as far as I can see it would be impossible.