Re: [RC] [Carolyn] Painful, cold fingers - OT - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Carolyn,

I can only assume that your doctors didn¹t mention caffeine because they
know you consume very little or because they prescribed medicines that
counteract the effects of caffeine for your Raynaud's. Just guessing here.

If you go to Google at http://www.google.com and type "Raynaud's caffeine"
in the search box, you will find many articles talking about avoiding
coffee, tea, and cola if you have Raynaud's.

Like everything else in medicine/human physiology, the effect doesn't happen
in 100% of people. Or as we say in 'net speak, "YMMV"--your mileage may
vary. So caffeine will not affect everyone with Raynaud's the same way.

It's always a good idea to look at credible sources on the Internet when you
or a loved one is diagnosed with medical condition. Credible sources are
sites hosted by the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease
Control, The Cleveland Clinic, The Mayo Clinic, your health plan's or
doctor's website, and websites for large well-known organizations like the
American Heart Association. Some commercial sites like WebMD and
Medicine.net also have reliable information.

Here is an article on Raynaud's from WebMD that includes some complementary
therapies.
http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/hw181001.asp

Hope you're in a warm climate, or that Spring and sunshine come soon!

Beverley