[RC] [RC] parasites as a disease - Sherman

Thanks for the opinion on this, Susan. Now I have a question. Some people think we worm & vaccinate our horses too often. Is it best to stick to the "every 2 month" schedule on worming? And annually for most vacs (more often with viruses that the horses are possibly exposed to during events)? I know the dogs & cats are getting the rabies every 2 or 3 years now, rather than every year, do horses still need rabies vac every year?

Kathy
Grass Valley, CA

So, yeah, by all means, keep the overall horse healthy.  But don't overdo it
and withhold the extra help the body needs when its called for.  In the case
of equine parasite control, believe me, it's called for.

JMO.

Susan Garlinghouse, DVM, MS