[RC] Dice again - Tracey Lomax

Title: Dice again

If I bore you to tears, tell me.  Its just horrid to sit here, with nothing to do but wait it out, so I need a place to vent.  Its 22h26 here now.  I temped him again and hes up to 40.7C.  The vet who I spoke to today is anti giving him anything for fever, says that it fights the disease but I don’t think a fever than high is good for him so Ive gone against vets advice and given him bute for fever and inflammation.  Last time I did that, he looked brighter so Im hoping.   The swelling on his head has now gone down towards his nose, and his whole forehead is swollen.  His breathing is worse than before.

I gave him another dose of the medicine which was prescribed, and turned the lights off again and left him.  Stress is apparently the worst thing that these horses can have, so I’m trying to keep him calm, which means minimizing my contact as Im anything but calm.  Roderick is trying to get some sleep but I cant.

Regards,

Tracey