Re: [RC] Strange gelding or cryptorchid?? - RibbonRidg

Hi Liz,
I have in fact, had at least two geldings in 25 years who were capable of, and did, penetrate mares.  One of them would also run any other gelding, so that became a management problem, and that was before I understood about infections that they could transmit to "maiden" mares!  Lesson learned:  although my mixed herds have worked well, I keep only "boys" now or would keep only "girls" but no will no longer mix them.  Funny thing, my boys are so much more content now without the presence of any mares.
Kitty Longino
CT region