[RC] FW: [RC] Mares vs Gelding - Ginny Holsman

Every horse of either gender has their own distinct personality in the same way people do. I think a large part of that is how they were raised, trained, treated, cared for, during life; just like people.

I've worked with stallions, geldings and mares that I love, and stallions, geldings & mares I despise. I've worked with stallions, geldings and mares that have been ruined by others, but became very wonderful under my care and handling. There are few people I get along with well, but despite the above, I get along well with any/all horses; even the ones I don't like to begin with.

Everyone has their own prefernces that differ from everyone else -- that's human nature. Probably horses face the same dilemma in dealing with humans.

From: Equus Wolf <equuswolf@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Mares vs Gelding
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:33:41 -0800 (PST)

I've always found it interesting how people prefer geldings or mares. I have always been a mare person. I've owned 2 geldings and 3 mares throughout my life and the geldings didn't last long with me. I just don't click with them. I would say that the mares have more personality but that really isn't true, so I don't know what the difference is. I'm the same way with dogs. I much prefer the females (and I spay/neuter either) But when it comes to people, I get along much better with men than with women as a rule (the exception being horse people - seems the common obsession overrides the gender issue *laugh*

So what makes people prefer one or the other? Interesting.

Jennifer
(Shelby - ready for our first ride woohoo! Hey Mom.. are you *sure* we can't canter more?!
Sweetie Pie - look at shelby wearing all of that funny looking extra stuff on her saddle and bridle!
Bailey - yeah I'm a girl.. can i go?
Tara - girl? Is that what I am? I had no idea there was a difference
Clemson - I'm a boy? But Mommy loves me doesn't she?)

--------------------------------- Brings words and photos together (easily) with PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.