[RC] broodmare/care lease questions - heidi larson

Couple of questions maybe you folks could help out a gelding owner!!  Only had one mare and she was maiden at 17 and not a good breeding prospect anyway.

14 year old mare, has had foals, if she had them long ago, would that or her age diminish her capability to get pregnant?

Is there a broodmare care lease contract someone could point out or send to me?  I want to make sure if I do this, all the bases are covered.

I have 3 geldings and not wanting to get the mare raping thing going again, my endurance gelding will breed a mare but he's very kind and sweet about it (right Julie?) the rescue gelding I have was a stud for 19 years til I got him over a year ago and I've not seen how he acts around mares, my other 21 year old gelding is herd boss and don't know if he has a libido or not.

How much of a value should be placed on the mare if something should (God forbid) happen to her while I have her?  She's for sale right now at $2500 and the asking price has already come down.  (She's an unbroke 14 year old mare with decent bloodlines and from a photo nice confirmation.)  Not sure if any of her babies have ever done anything significant.  I'd say she's a CMK/polish cross just from glancing at the pedigree.

Any other advice or hints are appreciated.  Maybe I should just try to buy her for $1500 with a buy back contract with the seller?  First choice at the same price or something?

heidi

Yahoo! Mail