[RC] Long Haul - Wrap or no? - Jonni

I don't wrap anymore. Used to always wrap or use shipping boots, but I was hauling in an old straight load 2 horse. More often it was another horse with them, some how clipping or banging in to the others legs that caused injury.  If your horse is an excellent hauler, does not scramble or kick in the trailer, I'd not wrap. I personally don't feel they need the "support" of the wraps for trailering unless they already have some problem or lameness issue in a leg to need wrapped.

But, some do believe in wrapping legs., but since you are not along to check the wraps, I'd leave the legs bare.

 That trip from NM to LA is about 1200 miles...and the commercial hauler is saying 4-5 days?  Must be taking the scenic route
Jonni