[RC] living 'dirty'... - Pvan19

well - couldn't agree more with you! Our slogan here is that we live dirty but happy! Now ofcouse we were both raised by parents who thought this as well - I haven't got a single baby or toddler picture of myself where I am not sleeping in the dog basket, sitting in the rabbit house eating out of their bowl or otherwise jumping in cow pats..

Our only time off work is accident related ( generally horse accidents although I recently managed to almost poke out my eye while pruning a vicious bush in the garden hihi)

We've had people over to stay at our house who would insist on washing their hands EVERY time they touched an animal - now with our horses, chickens & irish wolfhounds that was basically all the time.. what a life ?!

I drink out of the horse water troughs as well - will share a sticky banana with them each starting at one end and ending up in the middle ( well sort of) - am happy to serve up crème brulée in a bowl recently used to feed the chicks.. ( after being in the dishwasher but that's also where I was all the bits & stirrups hehe)

We are WAY more resistant to germs than a lot of people we know - don't care about our appearance... so we can concentrate on the more important things in life!

I draw the line though at wet irish wolfhound kisses in the face after they've been licking the roosting bars in the chicken coop ( hé mum, lollipops!)

cheers

Pauline