RE: [RC] Ladies Only - heidi

Libby is much more technically skilled than I am!  I use the same tampons,
but I have to stop to change them, but I am still mounted. I also go to the
back of the line of horses to do this.  Bring a small ziplock back (the ones
with the slide.  Put a diaper wipe (like the kind you use for babies) in the
zip lock, that way it will stay moist (and warm if you keep it on you), you
have a place to dispose of the tampon and a way to do a quick clean up.  If
you wear undies, have several changes at the hold along with more of the
diaper wipes.  I wouldn't recommend wearing a pad.  I get really bad chafing
just sitting on the sofa watching TV.  Can't imagine wearing them for 50
miles and subjecting that area of my body to that kind of abuse!

You and Libby must be in a different "flood zone" than I was.  Never
mind the technical capability or lack thereof while horseback, despite
being a long-time tampon user, I had to give them up entirely in the
"flood zone" stage.  Might as well try to stop up the Columbia River
with a life raft.  I HATED pads for the very reason that Carolyn
states, but had to go to the "industrial strength" nighttime varieties,
and change them every 1-3 hours, even through the night.  Would use up a
giant-sized package (and sometimes more) every month.  (Heck, have
almost saved the co-pay on my hysterectomy with the savings right
there!)  And still had some embarrassing episodes.  And a diaper wipe
wouldn't even hold a candle to cleaning up the mess...   I envy you
ladies!  (Well, not anymore, as I solved the problem permanently.)

Heidi