[RC] [RC] re: mares and girls - Sherman

I would think that the hormones might already be working correctly if the mare acting "marish" during her heat cycle and attempting to get herself bred (:>).

I'm curious as to why you call yourself and expert & professional, Ginny.  Any degrees or certificates that you'd like to share with us? I couldn't find anything on your website that show your qualifications. Since your statements are often contrary to what other experts & vets have to say, it would be beneficial if you'd explain your qualifications.  Ridecamp is a place where advice is usually freely given, not just alluded to and then a sales attempt made through private emailings. If you have knowledgeable advice to "share",  why don't you share it with us. Tell us all, in detail,  how to feed our mares properly so they won't act marish. BTW, where did you receive your degree in equine nutrition?

Kathy

 From Ginny's website:

"I've worked with 100's of horse owners, riders, handlers and trainers who care enough about providing the proper care of horses to obtain advice from a professional like myself, and in the 45 years I have been providing equine consultation to horse owners, riders, handlers and trainers, all over the world....."

From: "Ginny Holsman" <ginny744@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: FW: Re: [RC]   [RC] re: mares and girls

Actually, the cause of PMS in humans, and "marishness" in horses is quite
similar -- it has to do with nutritional defitiencies that make it difficult
for the person/horse to produce the correct amount of the correct hormones
(these are manufactured, internally) at the righ time.

As an equine nutritionist, I have eliminated "marishness" in many horses,
through changes in diet.

Healthy mares handle their heat cycle without distress or difficulty; only
mares with health problems have difficulties that affect their disposition.