Re: [RC] why do horses drink out of mud puddles? - Christina Schiro

Why then will my horse more likely pass up the clear running stream in favor of "chocolate milk" (standard mud puddle) or "orange juice" (florida orange clay mud puddle)? I always figured he wanted a flavored drink or maybe he was getting some minerals he needed (although he has access to a couple different type of free-choice minerals at home) !

susan golshani <susan.antonine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Q-Why do horses drink out of mud puddles?
A-Because they are thirsty.

Susan Tweedale-Hill (Golshani)
61500 Rose Hill Rd
Salesville, OH 43778-9623