[RC] [RC] Horses and Mud Puddles - Sherman

I'm fairly sure my horses prefer mud puddles because they are warmer than the streams, rivers, lakes & troughs in the winter & spring. And, sometimes their placement on the trail, like at the top of a long climb, makes them more enticing than the water trough or creek 2 miles ahead. Maybe if I were an expert on horse communication, I could figure out if the horses think there is so little water available (only a puddle!) that they'd better drink it now before there's none left for them. Hmmm, maybe that's it!

Kathy