Re: [RC] Horses and Mud Puddles - Jessica Spoone-Raines

My qh/arab will drink out of very large mud puddles but only after we've been riding for awhile, my pinto will drink out of anything large enough to get his nose into. They are both on the exact same diet and the barn we're at has a smorgasborg of minerals out so the horses have 24/7 access to what they need. They're both on ABC plus also so I'm thinking at least in my case its not a mineral deficiency and just a personal preference. However none of mine will lick dead animals....though my qh/arab will uproot small trees and trot down the trail while dragging/eating them!
Jess Spoone-Raines
Our gelding drinks out of mud puddles. We would like to think that maybe he has a mineral deficiency and that he is just not weird. He also likes to lick weird things...gates..rocks...dead animals. J

Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.