Re: [RC] re: mixing mares and geldings--question to other RC horse experts - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 3/6/2006 2:00:26 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, Pvan19@xxxxxxx writes:
Ofcourse you need to be very careful the first few days when you introduce a new horse and while they work out who's boss, second boss etc..but that's obvious...and independent of sex in my humble opinion.
I have known of two incidences where the new horse kicked the original horse on the property and broke their leg. Such tragedy, both of which were "accidents". They had tried to keep the horses separated or had for 3 weeks in the one instance, and both still occurred. Beccy in Ut. who prefers geldings, personal preference only