Re: [RC] Horse experts - Laney Humphrey

She's actually funny twice: once all on her own and again via Dr. Quakenbush.
Laney

Jonni wrote:
I feel that those who need to list their experience and qualifications to respond to a question in their very first sentence, usually are lacking the true knowledge in the field, and are just trying to make themselves "look qualified". (quote: /"I've worked with 100's of horse owners, riders, handlers and trainers who care enough about providing the proper care of horses to obtain advice from a professional like myself, and in the 45 years I have been providing equine consultation to horse owners, riders, handlers and trainers, all over the world...../ end quote)

Read Ridecamp for awhile, you will get a clue as to who the true horsemen and women are on this list. They don't need to brag about their background with horses.

One who comes on to a list like this obviously with no knowledge of distance riding, yet try to make themselves sound like an expert are often just looking to figure out how to make a buck off of some of the members from "eLessons" like she tried on other lists / message boards. Maybe this expert needs to just go back where people are sold on her "expertise" like horsediscussion.com, and give up on trying to convince us she is such an expert, and spouting off such off the wall information like geldings "raping a mare to death". Tho' stuff like this does give Dr. Quackenbush some great material for his next book.
Jonni