[RC] Peace Point - Tom Sites

Peace Point in West Virginia, almost up near Ohio, was the ride, Paulita (who i am her mentor) chose as her first LD.  I Opted for 3 weeks later at the Ft. Valley which was just over the hill, but was outvoted when she had hooked up w/ Lynne Gilbert and Erin, a friend of Lynnes, and off we went w/ 3 horses that were all novices to the sport.  With smoking brakes because of a new truck/trailer hook-up, we pulled in almost frantic, thinking of did we cook the brakes? and all of a sudden this pretty, blond girl runs up and tells us where to park and everything seems OK and we'll deal w/ the brakes tomorrow.

The day start off OK, except Lynne takes a dump at the start.  They are off to do a 25, their first 25 together.  As they come in there is this pretty, blond girl riding with them who come to find out was the RM, and she had rode the last loop with them.  2 Novices and 3 Novice horses finished that day and Paulita found out about Endurance when we packed up and hit the road before dark, hoping by loosening up the brake current in the truck the brakes were fixed and getting home after midnite, and all the horses did good on their first Endurance Adventure.

When the Results were published in the Endurance News, Paulita called me up and said..."Did you see it?"  see what??  "The Endurance News has our placing at the Peace Point, and it's my first time in print w/ a finish..."

The Ride Manager that day was Samatha Lewis.