Re: [RC] re Heating trailer dressing rooms. - Karla Watson

Mr. Buddy heaters are what I use inside my camper. Open windows hear our face. Has a low oxygen shut off value but don't fully trust that. I always keep a window open.
-------Karla Watson/Oregon
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] re Heating trailer dressing rooms.

You really only have three possibilities here.

1. Bite the bullet and install a good furnace, including a good battery system.  It is safe, but will wear down a battery quickly.  There used to be RV propane heaters that fit through the wall, and used NO electricity.  Last time I looked they were off of the market.  You possibly could find one in a junked tent trailer.  They were great.  I would like to replace my furnace with one.  Both these are safe because, topologically* speaking,  keep the fire outside the living space in the "sealed combustion chamber".

2. Use a catalytic heater, leave windows open, shut if off before retiring, and be very careful.

3. Purchase a really good sleeping bag and forget the heater.  We use Wiggy's bags (www.wiggys.com) He has a system that has two bags that fit inside each other, thus you can adjust the amount of bag to the temperature.

I really recommend 1 or 3.  Fire, catalytic or not, topologically* inside a small space scares me.

Ed

*See there is a use for math in everyday life.

 Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640