Re: [RC] How did you get started? - Merryben

Wow, what a great endurance start.  I remember most of the stuff you talk about.  I remember all those people too.  I had forgotten Pat Plankers.  Where is he now?  One of the favorite photos I have is hanging in my living room of Smokey and Shablaze at the old Calico Ride.  Smokey has his jeans, ace bandages around his knees and Shablaze has the Steubben saddle....Charlie gave me that photo when I admired it so much.................................mb