From: Mel Cochran <brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:10:58 -0500
Subject: [RC] How did you get started?

Hi,

I was just curious about how you guys got into the sport of endurance. Did you start as a child, or migrate over to endurance after spending some years riding in another discipline? Did you switch breeds? How many endurance horses do most of you have?

I have not gotten "into" the sport as of yet. I am in the "watch and learn" stage. I have never had formal riding training, but I have been riding horses since I was 12 and enjoy trailriding and parades. The comraderie that you guys have is really what interests me.

Mel