[RC] re:Shine and Shine - jen

I have a quick question.  I am wanting to do mine and my horses first LD this spring and I am looking at the Shine and Shine II in March.  I am trying to work it out so I can go down and volunteer the first one in Feb.... but if I can't...I would appreciate any suggestions or input for doing this as our first ride?????   Also, any suggestions for other good beginner rides in the W or NW region???   I was thinking of the Rides of March also, but it sounded pretty technical, at least the 50 did.  I welcome all comments and suggestions.
Thanks, Jen M. and Banjo