Re: [RC] Improving Diesel MPG-OT - EquesB

In a message dated 1/4/2006 8:18 A Eastern Standard Time, wildmsioux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It may sound conceited, but I know as much about these kind of horses, than you nice people know about the sweaty kind. :-) I can answer any questions you have about any truck out there. Just ask Janett, and I'll be happy to help.
Patrick,

Since you can answer any question, please help me with this one.

I have an '03 Ford F-250 SD PSD 4x4. When I purchased this truck from a friend it had an Edge 3 performance chip, under the hood style, hard wired.  I am now having to take out the chip as the Ford dealer won't touch the truck with the chip installed and we have come across the water-in-fuel light issue that I believe is popular with this model-year.  I LOVE the power that comes with the chip ! The added fuel mileage is a great benefit also. I am considering leaving the Edge out and getting a Superchip that can be plugged in and programmed under the dash. I am hearing all kinds of opinions regarding performance chips, factory warranty, towing and trannie issues. What do you think of performance chips? Particularly, Superchips?

Thank you in advance for your wisdom! :-))

Jackie Baker
Florida