[RC] Canter Leads/from Trot/changing diagonals - Sherman

I don't know if this is the correct way, but I know many riders just do a quick "double bump"  to switch diagonals. It works, but if your horse is already one-sided, he'll probably throw you back to his preferred diagonal in a short time. My horse & I go through this repeatedly while trotting. I never have to worry about over-riding his left diagonal as he'll throw me back there as soon as I'm not paying attention, so I switch to the right whenever I think about it (often).

Kathy

How do I change diagonals at the trot and if I succeed will I feel it in my leg position?
Don Huston