Re: [RC] Chevy blows it! long rant! - Barbara Moulton

YUCK!  but... remember it was Westernhorseman who
accepted the ad and ran it knowing a large percentage
of their readers are women. They should have done some
educating there. If the ad showed a white person
appreciative of a well built working truck ( by inate
instincts and work ethics)and a person of a difference
race not at all interested but favoring looks and
flash, the blink factor, over substance (also by inate
instincts and total lack of work ethic) I bet they
wouldn't have run it. I haven't bought that issue yet
and now don't plan to.  Chevys are punk trucks anyway
I don't know anyone who has one that they really like
after about ten years.  The ad seems a desperate
attempt to appeal to very simple minded buyers (men
who don't look beyound steriotypes) My 1970 ford truck
is awesome except I don't get much more than about
10-13 MPG depending on which way the wind is blowing
with the camper on and it is so convienent I don't
like to leave home without it.  I am looking into a
Toyota Tocoma to replace my 91 Isuzu with the deer
collision wrecked front end.  I sent the huge mule
deer doe to heaven back in September of 2002 and after
the great boys in the Gilchrist OR high school shop
got done with making a new front it is still on the
road being driven everyday as my comuter rig. Show me
a 4 cylinder chevy that could take a hit like that and
keep on running. I picked the T.T. as the smallest
truck I could find that could still pull a very light
two horse for short trips like to a close trail or
down to the vet's so I can save my monster truck for
the long hauls. If anyone has any info on this rig I
would appreciate it, probably won't get serious until
about mid summer at the very earliest.  I have never
had 4 wheel drive so would like to know how people
like the really stripped down 2 wd.  I must have air
though as I have promised my elderly mom in GA a visit
sometime and with a teaching schedule it will have to
be in summer.

Barbara and Joy in south idaho ( hey mom what's up
with all this rain, I thought we lived in a desert)